Engineer Design Services
Our typical design package for a hydronic heating system includes the following:
- Discussion of heat emitter / heat source options with client
- Heat loss analysis of building and insulation evaluation
- Selection and sizing of all system hardware
- System layout schematic which includes the overall control logic
- Tubing Layout Plan and Piping Header Routing
- Piping schematics – Mechanical Room and Zone Headers
- Control system drawings
- On-site inspections (depending on agreement and project location)
- Technical support for installing contractor
System Layout Schematic
The system layout schematic gives an overall layout of the system and its components and the control logic that allows it to operate. The living area might be radiant floor heat while bedrooms and baths could be panels or baseboard heating. Domestic water heating (DHW) could be included on a prioritized basis through an indirect DHW tank or preheated water routed to a standard DWH tank.
Note: All equipment, size and manufacturer will to called out. Piping and valves sized
Tubing Layout Plan and Piping Header Routing
The tubing layout plan details all circuits and manifolds. This is the detailed installation that locates the area manifolds and the home-run lines back to the mechanical room, line sizes, etc.
The installation details guide the installer and show how various flooring systems and materials are coordinated with the heating system.